You can’t build your business alone and a dysfunctional team can grind your progress to a halt. We can help you build a high-performing team that gets results using the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology & bricks.
Improving business performance is no easy task. It isn’t something that can be completed in a day; it is an ongoing process. That being said, there are lots of ways that you can jump start the process to build a more cohesive and high-performing team.
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is a method used to unlock creativity for problem-solving by building models and storytelling. This method is unique because it encourages;
- 100% participation (there is no watching, everyone builds).
- Generates individual ideas and perspectives (participants build their own models without any input from others).
- Sharing of each idea and perspective (storytelling is built into the method and is used every time).
- Contribution to the conversation (because everyone builds and shares, there is no slacking off).
- Information and idea retention (people remember more of what is said because their mind has a picture of the models that were built, and the storytelling helps them remember what the model represents).
- Attention on the what, not the who (the focus is on the ideas being shared, not who is sharing it).
If you recognize that as a leader you might not have all the answers and you are looking for a way to give everyone a voice at the table, so they can contribute to something bigger than themselves, then LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® might be the tool you are looking for. It has the ability to tap into information you and your team have but may not be conscious of. Not to mention, who wouldn’t want to spend a day building with LEGO® bricks and taking part in some serious play.
Discover how you can build your way to a higher performing team and business, contact us to book your LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® workshop.
What is the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® Method?
(Courtesy of Liquid Agency)
Frequently Asked Questions About LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
Q: How many people can participate in a LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® workshop?
A: LSP sessions are designed for team development, it works best with a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 10 people.
Q: How long does a LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® workshop take?
A: An introductory team building series of activities can be completed in 2.5-3 hours. To dig into you team dynamics, vision, guiding principles, etc. will take 5.5-6.5 hours.
Q: Do you need any special equipment to run a LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® workshop?
A: LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® activities are run with a specific set of LEGO®. We will provide all the necessary equipment/supplies to run a session. We will need details about the workshop room to ensure there is sufficient space to run all the activities.
Q: How much does a LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® workshop cost?
A: It depends on the length of the session, the activities, the number of people, prep time and documentation from the session. Please contact us for more details.
Q: What if members of my team can’t attend the entire workshop?
A: The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® activities require 100% participation, so if you are considering running one of these workshops you will need your team available for the entire session. It may seem like a lot of time to commit, but the results that can be achieved are worth it.